ElevateBio is a technology-driven cell and gene therapy company, accelerating access to the cutting-edge technologies and expertise to change the future of medicine. Our integrated technologies model offers turnkey scale and biotechnological capabilities to power cell and gene therapy processes, programs, and companies to their full potential.
ElevateBio is looking for a dynamic and engaging contributor for the Global Basecamp Team. The Associate Director, Operational Excellence is the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for their area and general business processes.
ElevateBio Basecamp is taking advantage of some important opportunities to better serve patients by growing our operations. To be successful, we need to build and implement sustainable principles and change management methodologies in order to effectively improve the way we run operations and internalize appropriate behaviors and mindsets.
We need a guide, someone who understands complex manufacturing systems, who has the commitment, drive, and persistence to help ElevateBio Basecamp adopt the appropriate best practices to achieve success..
You have a minimum of ten years' experience optimizing manufacturing value streams and have the gravitas to gain the respect of our people. You are influential, able to build robust, honest relationships with people, respectfully challenge and get people to change how they do things. You relish coaching people in the tools and techniques to analyze and improve operations as well as in leading with people at the center.
You will be an important member of the Basecamp Global Team, partnering with all functional departments to align on priorities and specific targets (i.e. safety, quality, delivery, cost & people). This is a highly collaborative and influencing role, as this individual will frequently require support of cross-functional team members. This role will create our operational excellence offering and grow the team through robust business rationale.
How you will contribute:
Optimize the Basecamps's value streams, aligned with the Basecamp's important few priorities to deliver on our Basecamp Must Haves:
- Develop systems to measure operational performance, make opportunities visible, focus on the most important and drive business impacting outcomes.
- Lead key projects that transform the way we operate
- Coach, guide and educate operations leaders in industrial/manufacturing engineering tools and techniques, building on Elevate’s lean management system
- Develop your team into operations leaders of tomorrow
- Lead and manage the site's root-cause problem solving training and qualification program
- Collaborate with your peers across the Basecamp and the broader Elevate organization
- Contribute to Basecamp's strategy deployment process
- Proven record of delivering business-impacting results
- Demonstrated understanding of complex manufacturing systems, improving capacity and yield
- Solid understanding and demonstrated application of lean to deliver tangible outcomes
- Clear structured-, logical-, analytical- and critical-thinking.
- Demonstrated leadership and mentoring skills.
- Typically requires bachelor's degree, preferably in science, engineering, or other related technical field.
- 8+ years of related experience with 3+ years of management experience for supervisory roles.
- Strong preference for qualifications and experience in industrial engineering or manufacturing engineering
- Experience as a value stream leader a distinct advantage
- Experience training and coaching industrial engineering, operational excellence and/or lean an advantage
- Experience in pharmaceutical manufacturing or FDA regulated operations an advantage
- Experience in process industry an advantage
- Experience and qualifications in lean and six sigma an advantage
Why Join ElevateBio?
ElevateBio is accelerating access to the cutting-edge technologies and expertise that will change the future of medicine. Our ecosystem combines multiple R&D technology platforms – including Life Edit, a next-generation, full-spectrum gene-editing platform; a proprietary induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) platform, and an RNA, cell, protein, and vector engineering platform – with BaseCamp®, our end-to-end genetic medicine cGMP manufacturing and process development business, to power the discovery and development of advanced therapeutics.
With these leading-edge platforms and capabilities, we are enabling a broad breadth of biopharmaceutical companies in the development of their novel cell and gene therapies while also building our own innovative pipeline of cellular, genetic, and regenerative medicines. Together, we aim to be the dominant engine inside the world’s greatest scientific advancements harnessing human cells and genes to alter disease.
To power the creation of life-transforming cell and gene therapies, at a speed the world deserves.
We seek to be the world’s most indispensable cell and gene therapy technology company, redefining how companies operate, how products are created and how disease is treated.
ElevateBio is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. ElevateBio will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.