Life Edit seeks a seasoned nanoparticle formulation and process development scientist with extensive industry/academic experience in nonviral gene delivery, preferably lipid nanoparticles (LNPs). The selected candidate will develop and optimize LNP formulations (purification, process development, and characterization) using Life Edit’s novel RNA-guided nucleases (RGNs) as they move from research to preclinical evaluation and eventual clinical advancement. The candidate should possess strong organizational, communication, and strategic skills and the desire to be part of a highly collaborative and cross-functional team.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
- As a part of the nonviral delivery team, you will design, develop, and optimize the formulation and purification methods of Life Edit’s RNA LNPs with subsequent characterization using state-of-the-art techniques.
- Develop a robust LNP formulation process of lead LNP candidate with importance on purification, scale-up, and stability
- Prepare encapsulated LNPs for in vitro and in vivo evaluation with the furnishment of appropriate Certificates of Testing and concomitant stability evaluation.
- Work closely with RNA production and in vitro and in vivo team members.
- Ensure adequate rigorous laboratory practices and documentation in a regulatory-ready research manner
- Evaluate, interpret, and compile LNP formulation data into study reports for potential regulatory filings
- Critically summarize and present data internally to interdisciplinary teams as well as externally.
- Write study specific procedures for analytical methods, protocols, and reports and provide training on processes and equipment.
- Ph.D. in chemistry, material science, bioengineering, chemical engineering, or related sciences with at least 1 year of relevant experience or MS with at least 8+ years of relevant experience.
- Must have hand on experience in RNA nanoparticle formulation in academia or industry (preferred) with several publications in peer reviewed journals or direct experience in a biotechnology company.
- Preferred experience in formulating CRISPR or base editing systems, and RNPs
- Must have knowledge and experience in LNP formulation, purification, and bioanalytical skills such as microfluidic mixing, ultrafiltration, Tangential Flow Filtration (TFF), characterization, quantification assays (DLS, Ribogreen, AGE, CE, TEM, UV-Vis, and HPLC).
- Experience with independent research and overseeing projects
- Demonstrates effective decision-making to steward and prioritize activities to support bench to bedside development programs
- Knowledge of laboratory practices with preferred relevance to GLP/GMP sample handling and analysis with associated documentation
- Experience in producing formal reports
- Good verbal and written communication skills
We’re committed to finding the best ways to support our teams so they can do their best work. We take care of our employees, right from the start.
Health & Wellness
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance covered at 90%
- Low deductible, no co-insurance and no copays for mental health visits (for in-network care)
- Annual fitness reimbursement
- Employer paid for access to wellness apps and programs like Task Human
- Competitive compensation
- 401(k) retirement plans with a 4% employer match and no vesting period
- Employer-paid life insurance and short- and long-term disability insurance
- Employer-sponsored flexible spending accounts (FSA) and dependent care account (DCA)
- Access to a 1-on-1 financial advisor
- Commuter reimbursement benefit
- Monthly cell phone stipend
Time Off & Flexibility
- Unlimited paid time off, including vacation, sick leave, family leave, personal days, and bereavement
- 18 paid company holidays, plus an end-of-year holiday shut down
- 12 weeks of parental leave
- Federal Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and Massachusetts Paid Family and Medical Leave (PFML), administered by Unum
- Insights Discovery training for every employee to make the most of workplace relationships
- Ongoing professional development, including manager training
- Access to LinkedIn Leaning, a self-guided online education platform
Why join Life Edit and the ElevateBio ecosystem?
Life Edit Therapeutics is an integrated subsidiary of ElevateBio, a technology-driven cell and gene therapy company that is accelerating access to the cutting-edge technologies and expertise that can change the future of medicine. Our integrated model combines multiple R&D technology platforms – including Life Edit gene editing – and cGMP manufacturing to power the discovery and development of advanced therapeutics.Our ecosystem is designed to enhance speed, delivery, and probability of success to change patient lives.
Life Edit is an integral part of ElevateBio’s ecosystem of platform technologies and is pioneering focused next-generation gene editing technologies and therapeutics. Located in Durham, NC, members of Life Edit work closely with the ElevateBio Research and Development and BaseCamp manufacturing teams in Waltham, MA. Life Edit is advancing therapeutic programs in collaboration with industry partners while building its own internal pipeline of gene editing therapies. We are looking for a unique individual who can continue to lead the cultural development of Life Edit and build on its momentum as an integral part of the ElevateBio ecosystem.
To power the creation of life-transforming cell and gene therapies, at a speed the world deserves.
We seek to be the world’s most indispensable cell and gene therapy technology company, redefining how companies operate, how products are created and how disease is treated.
ElevateBio is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. ElevateBio will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.