ElevateBio is a technology-driven cell and gene therapy company, accelerating access to the cutting-edge technologies and expertise to change the future of medicine. Our integrated technologies model offers turnkey scale and biotechnological capabilities to power cell and gene therapy processes, programs, and companies to their full potential.
As the Senior Director of BaseCamp Business Development you will be a core part of the team responsible for strengthening our CMC pipeline through external partnerships. In scope for the role are all deal structures ranging from clinical and commercial collaborations as well as process development. This role reports into the Vice President of BaseCamp Business Development.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
- Actively participate in the establishment of an efficient and responsive business development effort/team,
- Responsible for the identification, engagement and contracting of long-term partnerships that fit the ElevateBio BaseCamp strategic goals and objectives.
- Maintain a strong network within the cell and gene therapy industry and build relationships with key decision makers.
- Establish a strong pipeline of select business opportunities that align with the strategic plans of ElevateBio BaseCamp.
- Develop and negotiate deal structures that allows for the profitable use of BaseCamp resources and capacity
- Work closely to promote BaseCamp with marketing resources to support trade-shows, roadshows, conferences, branding, messaging, and the website
- Deep domain experience in the development and manufacturing of Cell and Gene Therapy products in a services setting.
- An established network of Influencers in the cell and gene therapy and biopharmaceutical industry.
- Minimum BSc degree in Life Sciences with 10 years + previous experience in the biopharmaceutical, biotechnology, CMO, CDMO or related industries. MBA degree or other advanced degree in a related field preferred.
- Experience with outlining, structuring, and delivering different types of program proposals that may include service, and potentially licensing components.
- Proficient biopharma commercial/market awareness with good understanding of key drivers that underpin commercial assessments and valuations
- Travel ~10-25% of time
- Knowledge of key CMC concepts including process development and manufacturing under cGMP for clinical and commercial
- Proven ability to work with partners and interact effectively with C-Level decision makers at Biotech and Pharma companies
- Understanding of financial and legal concepts as they related to service agreements, including contract terms, licensing, and liabilities
- Familiar with HubSpot or other customer management system
- Ambitious, energetic, and dedicated to delivering individual and team objectives/targets while keeping enduring partnerships in mind.
- Ability to develop and deliver effective presentations to partners
- Solid understanding of business and financial fundamentals.
- Strong and demonstrated negotiation skills.
Why Join ElevateBio?
ElevateBio is accelerating access to the cutting-edge technologies and expertise that will change the future of medicine. Our ecosystem combines multiple R&D technology platforms – including Life Edit, a next-generation, full-spectrum gene-editing platform; a proprietary induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) platform, and an RNA, cell, protein, and vector engineering platform – with BaseCamp®, our end-to-end genetic medicine cGMP manufacturing and process development business, to power the discovery and development of advanced therapeutics.
With these leading-edge platforms and capabilities, we are enabling a broad breadth of biopharmaceutical companies in the development of their novel cell and gene therapies while also building our own innovative pipeline of cellular, genetic, and regenerative medicines. Together, we aim to be the dominant engine inside the world’s greatest scientific advancements harnessing human cells and genes to alter disease.
To power the creation of life-transforming cell and gene therapies, at a speed the world deserves.
We seek to be the world’s most indispensable cell and gene therapy technology company, redefining how companies operate, how products are created and how disease is treated.
ElevateBio is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. ElevateBio will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.