ElevateBio is a technology-driven cell and gene therapy company, accelerating access to the cutting-edge technologies and expertise to change the future of medicine. Our integrated technologies model offers turnkey scale and biotechnological capabilities to power cell and gene therapy processes, programs, and companies to their full potential.
ElevateBio is seeking a motivated Bioinformatics Scientist to join the Next Generation Sequencing Team at ElevateBio. A successful candidate processes experience analyzing high-throughput sequencing data, specifically the analysis of bulk and single cell RNA-Seq experiments. This position is responsible for executing established bioinformatics processing pipelines using cloud infrastructure and performing follow-up analyses to support scientists. This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic organization and make significant contributions on internal cell and gene therapeutic programs.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
- Execute and monitor established bioinformatics processing pipelines (e.g., bulk RNA-seq, single cell RNA-seq).
- Analyzing RNA-Seq data with standard tools and workflows (DESeq, Seruat, etc), particularly those used in nf-Core.
- Perform follow-up analyses such as PCA, hierarchical clustering, differential gene expression, cell type assignment, clustering, and dimensionality reduction.
- Adjust deliverables to meet the needs of partners by providing customized analysis and visuals.
- Attend and present findings at team meetings and larger group meetings.
- Collaborate and partner closely with wet lab scientists and internal bioinformatic team to create reproducible, accessible analyses that are delivered in a clear, concise manner.
- Ph.D. or Master’s degree in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Genomics, or a closely related field.
- Experience analyzing high-throughput sequencing data (bulk RNA-seq, single cell RNA-seq).
- Proficiency in in R (1-3yrs) as required to perform RNA-seq analysis. Proficiency in Python and Nextflow a plus.
- Experience with Github, AWS, Docker, and version control is preferred.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team-oriented environment.
Why Join ElevateBio?
ElevateBio is accelerating access to the cutting-edge technologies and expertise that will change the future of medicine. Our ecosystem combines multiple R&D technology platforms – including Life Edit, a next-generation, full-spectrum gene-editing platform; a proprietary induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) platform, and an RNA, cell, protein, and vector engineering platform – with BaseCamp®, our end-to-end genetic medicine cGMP manufacturing and process development business, to power the discovery and development of advanced therapeutics.
With these leading-edge platforms and capabilities, we are enabling a broad breadth of biopharmaceutical companies in the development of their novel cell and gene therapies while also building our own innovative pipeline of cellular, genetic, and regenerative medicines. Together, we aim to be the dominant engine inside the world’s greatest scientific advancements harnessing human cells and genes to alter disease.
To power the creation of life-transforming cell and gene therapies, at a speed the world deserves.
We seek to be the world’s most indispensable cell and gene therapy technology company, redefining how companies operate, how products are created and how disease is treated.
ElevateBio is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. ElevateBio will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.