We are looking for a motivated scientist at the interface of RNA and nanoparticle biology. In this position, you will work to improve our non-viral delivery therapeutics by characterizing Life Edit’s novel RNA-guided nucleases (RGNs) and guide RNAs as they move from research to preclinical evaluation and eventual clinical advancement. You will work on the RNA team to develop assays to assess the quality and potency of RNA. Applicants will be expected to execute planned experiments in a timely manner and effectively communicate results and/or roadblocks. This is a great opportunity for a scientist to develop highly relevant industry experience while developing transformative RNA-based therapeutics. The candidate should possess strong organizational and communication skills and the desire to be part of a highly collaborative and cross-functional team.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
- Develop assays to test the potency and quality of RNA-based therapeutic products. These assays will include purity assessment, RNA integrity, LNP encapsulation efficiency and stability using relevant assays (HPLC, LC-MS, Ribogreen, CE, PAGE, UV-VIS, etc.).
- Work closely with RNA team, formulation team, and preclinical team members to improve RNA based gene editing therapeutics.
- Write study specific procedures for analytical methods, protocols, and reports and provide training on processes and equipment.
- Document experimental results in ELN.
- Communicate experimental results in group meetings.
- Biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, or cell biology background. (Ph.D in related field is a plus)
- Knowledge and experience in bioanalytical skills such as analytical characterization assays and RNA isolation/quantitation assays (CE, PAGE, Western blot, AGE, UV-Vis, HPLC).
- 1-2 years of relevant laboratory experience. Familiarity with basic laboratory skills such as running gels, nucleic acid purification, etc. (RNA-biology related lab experience is a plus)
- Good organization & communication skills
- Experience working with CRISPR or other gene editing systems is a plus
Why join Life Edit and the ElevateBio ecosystem?
Life Edit Therapeutics is an integrated subsidiary of ElevateBio, a technology-driven cell and gene therapy company that is accelerating access to the cutting-edge technologies and expertise that can change the future of medicine. Our integrated model combines multiple R&D technology platforms – including Life Edit gene editing – and cGMP manufacturing to power the discovery and development of advanced therapeutics.Our ecosystem is designed to enhance speed, delivery, and probability of success to change patient lives.
Life Edit is an integral part of ElevateBio’s ecosystem of platform technologies and is pioneering focused next-generation gene editing technologies and therapeutics. Located in Durham, NC, members of Life Edit work closely with the ElevateBio Research and Development and BaseCamp manufacturing teams in Waltham, MA. Life Edit is advancing therapeutic programs in collaboration with industry partners while building its own internal pipeline of gene editing therapies. We are looking for a unique individual who can continue to lead the cultural development of Life Edit and build on its momentum as an integral part of the ElevateBio ecosystem.
To power the creation of life-transforming cell and gene therapies, at a speed the world deserves.
We seek to be the world’s most indispensable cell and gene therapy technology company, redefining how companies operate, how products are created and how disease is treated.
ElevateBio is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. ElevateBio will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.