ElevateBio is a technology-driven cell and gene therapy company, accelerating access to the cutting-edge technologies and expertise to change the future of medicine. Our integrated technologies model offers turnkey scale and biotechnological capabilities to power cell and gene therapy processes, programs, and companies to their full potential.
ElevateBio is looking for a Scientist I to support the qualification, and transfer of cell-based and immunoassays from the Analytical Development teams to Elevatebio QC or external GMP labs. The position will work closely with the AD SMEs and the QC team and will also participate in method optimization and lifecycle management of assays. This is a highly visible, cross-functional role that will have the opportunity to impact numerous Cell and Gene therapy programs of Elevatebio.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
- Execute and support the qualification of cell-based assays and immunoassays in close collaboration with the Elevatebio QC team, for the characterization and testing of viral vectors (Lentiviral vector, AAV), cell and gene therapy products and critical components.
- Execute, support, and manage transfer of analytical methods from the Analytical Development team to Elevatebio QC lab or external vendors.
- Collaborate with AD SMEs and the QC team to generate and approve protocols, reports, other technical documents required for the qualification and transfer of analytical methods.
- Communicate with key stakeholders to work through potential challenges, troubleshooting, during qualification and method transfer activities.
- Provide necessary support during assay development as required. Participate in lifecycle management of assays, and implementation of new ideas and technologies.
- Provide support during investigations of relevant deviation incidents related to assay qualification or validation efforts.
- Analyze, interpret, and present data during team meetings and discussions.
- Form active collaborations and communicate with teams within Analytical Development, Quality, and other functions as well as external vendors.
- BS or MS in cell biology, molecular biology, biochemistry, or related sciences with a minimum of 4 years (MS) or 6 years (BS) of relevant and progressive experience in a Biotech setting.
- Experience in development/ qualification, and transfer of analytical methods to QC GMP labs is preferred. Knowledge of ICH/ regulatory guidelines for method qualification is desirable.
- Experience in a variety of cell-based potency methods plus techniques, e.g., Flow cytometry, ELISA, MSD, luminescence/ colorimetric plate-based assays is required.
- Knowledge or scientific background related to CGT products and viral vectors (e.g., Lentivirus, AAV) is a plus.
- Must have strong writing, and communication skills. Must have prior experience of authoring and reviewing protocols and technical reports.
- Good organization skills, multi-tasking, and ability to work in a cross-functional team environment is a must.
Why Join ElevateBio?
ElevateBio is accelerating access to the cutting-edge technologies and expertise that will change the future of medicine. Our ecosystem combines multiple R&D technology platforms – including Life Edit, a next-generation, full-spectrum gene-editing platform; a proprietary induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) platform, and an RNA, cell, protein, and vector engineering platform – with BaseCamp®, our end-to-end genetic medicine cGMP manufacturing and process development business, to power the discovery and development of advanced therapeutics.
With these leading-edge platforms and capabilities, we are enabling a broad breadth of biopharmaceutical companies in the development of their novel cell and gene therapies while also building our own innovative pipeline of cellular, genetic, and regenerative medicines. Together, we aim to be the dominant engine inside the world’s greatest scientific advancements harnessing human cells and genes to alter disease.
To power the creation of life-transforming cell and gene therapies, at a speed the world deserves.
We seek to be the world’s most indispensable cell and gene therapy technology company, redefining how companies operate, how products are created and how disease is treated.
ElevateBio is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. ElevateBio will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.