Life Edit is seeking an experienced scientist in the iPSC space with strong leadership, communication, and strategic skills, and the desire to be part of a highly collaborative and cross-functional team. The selected candidate will guide the development and utilization of human iPSC derived models to further demonstrate the therapeutic potential of Life Edit’s novel RNA-guided nucleases (RGNs) and other editing systems as they move from research to preclinical evaluation.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
- Develop and execute strategies using iPSC based models to address key therapeutic questions across a variety of different indications
- Lead a small team of scientists to provide cellular models supporting therapeutic development
- Assist in the derivation, culture, and characterization of multiple patient-derived iPSC lines
- Help coordinate external resources to produce relevant cellular models
- Critically analyze and compile data for presentation internally to interdisciplinary teams as well as externally, including study reports for regulatory filings
- Follow advancements in the field of iPSC biology published in the literature and presented at conferences
- Write protocols and reports, and provide training on processes and equipment to drive consistency in the utilization of iPSC models
- Collaborate closely with multiple groups across Life Edit including Computational Biology, Preclinical Development, and Technology Development
- Coordinate the work of scientists on the iPSC team and day-to-day laboratory operations
- PhD in Biology, Biochemistry, Cell Biology, or a related field with 10+ years of experience
- Demonstrated scientific leadership and management of scientific teams
- Strong publication record in the field of stem cell biology
- Significant expertise in reprogramming and directed differentiation protocols for various cell types
- Hands-on experience with relevant analytical techniques (e.g. dPCR, immunostaining, flow cytometry) for characterizing iPSC derived cells
- Relevant technical skills for data analysis, DNA and protein sequence analysis, ELN documentation, and results presentation
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate in a cross functional team-oriented environment
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Previous experience with genome editing highly desired
- Industry experience preferred
Why join Life Edit and the ElevateBio ecosystem?
Life Edit Therapeutics is an integrated subsidiary of ElevateBio, a technology-driven cell and gene therapy company that is accelerating access to the cutting-edge technologies and expertise that can change the future of medicine. Our integrated model combines multiple R&D technology platforms – including Life Edit gene editing – and cGMP manufacturing to power the discovery and development of advanced therapeutics. Our ecosystem is designed to enhance speed, delivery, and probability of success to change patient lives.
Life Edit is an integral part of ElevateBio’s ecosystem of platform technologies and is pioneering focused next-generation gene editing technologies and therapeutics. Located in Durham, NC, members of Life Edit work closely with the ElevateBio Research and Development and BaseCamp manufacturing teams in Waltham, MA. Life Edit is advancing therapeutic programs in collaboration with industry partners while building its own internal pipeline of gene editing therapies. We are looking for a unique individual who can continue to lead the cultural development of Life Edit and build on its momentum as an integral part of the ElevateBio ecosystem.
To power the creation of life-transforming cell and gene therapies, at a speed the world deserves.
We seek to be the world’s most indispensable cell and gene therapy technology company, redefining how companies operate, how products are created and how disease is treated.
ElevateBio is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. ElevateBio will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.