ElevateBio is a technology-driven cell and gene therapy company, accelerating access to the cutting-edge technologies and expertise to change the future of medicine. Our integrated technologies model offers turnkey scale and biotechnological capabilities to power genetic medicines processes, programs, and companies to their full potential.
We are seeking an exceptional candidate to join the ElevateBio Finance team as an Associate Director, Accounting. The Finance team at ElevateBio serves as a key stakeholder in every strategic decision the business makes, including cost analysis, pricing, revenue, and line of business profitability analysis. The successful candidate will have a strong background in the oversight and management of all aspects of the general ledger and month end close. They will have measurable experience in establishing and maintaining internal controls. This role is responsible for providing monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial reporting packages, support financial planning and analysis, and drive improvements for key processes and procedures. This person will be a key member of the Finance & Accounting team and will work very closely with the Vice President, Corporate Controller to interface regularly with senior leadership to help the continued growth and efficient operation of the Company.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the accounting team
- Provide supervision, support and ongoing development to the accounting team and ensure tasks are effectively and efficiently completed
- Oversee and manage a timely and high-quality monthly financial close
- Establish and maintain formal accounting policies and procedures to ensure GAAP compliance
- Review and explain monthly/quarterly financial results with senior management. Evaluate risks and opportunities and provide recommendations for improvement/resolution
- Manage SAP for multiple entities including consolidation accounting, while ensuring the accuracy and integrity of the accounting records
- Support process improvement/system enhancement projects and lead functional testing and review
- Partner with the Finance and Accounting team members in monthly internal reporting and preparations for the quarterly business review and board meetings
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with the finance and business teams
- Work on special projects to enhance accounting process automation
- Assist with interim reviews and annual external audits
- Support the SOX implementation team focusing on risk assessment, key controls, documentation, and testing
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance/Business required
- Approximately 10 years professional experience, including accounting leadership and people management experience.
- Current CPA certification and/or MBA, while not required, will be considered a plus
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with an acute ability to execute on time
- Effectively and proactively communicates essential information with all levels of the organization
- Adept at articulating conclusions from financial data
- Active listener and clear communicator who demonstrates a supportive attitude that encourages collaboration and cross functional process improvements
- Adept self-learner who understands accounting operations and can communicate requirements to others
Why Join ElevateBio?
ElevateBio is a technology-driven company built to power transformative genetic medicines today and for many decades to come. The Company commercializes its enabling technologies, manufacturing capabilities, and industry-leading expertise through partnerships to accelerate development across a breadth of therapeutic approaches and modalities. The ElevateBio ecosystem combines multiple R&D technology platforms – including Life Edit, a next-generation, full-spectrum gene editing platform; comprehensive cell engineering technologies; and an expanded viral and non-viral therapeutic delivery platform – with BaseCamp®, its end-to-end genetic medicine cGMP manufacturing and process development business, to accelerate the discovery and development of advanced therapeutics.
We aim to be the dominant engine inside the world’s greatest scientific advancements harnessing human cells and genes to alter disease.
To power the creation of life-transforming cell and gene therapies, at a speed the world deserves.
We seek to be the world’s most indispensable cell and gene therapy technology company, redefining how companies operate, how products are created and how disease is treated.
ElevateBio is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. ElevateBio will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.