ElevateBio is a technology-driven cell and gene therapy company, accelerating access to the cutting-edge technologies and expertise to change the future of medicine. Our integrated technologies model offers turnkey scale and biotechnological capabilities to power genetic medicines processes, programs, and companies to their full potential.
Partnering closely with cross functional teams, this role is responsible for managing, maintaining, and executing purchasing requirements across ElevateBio. This role will manage and execute the full lifecycle of purchasing from requisitioning through order generation, follow-up, and invoicing. Additionally, will actively manage and maintain strong supplier relationships and drive continuous improvements and cost savings. Support the development and refinement of sourcing, procurement, and purchasing strategies and processes across ElevateBio.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for all aspects of PO life cycle; generation, order follow-up & invoice management
- Collaborate with Supply Chain Planning to generate raw material purchase orders based on inventory policies, production requirements and supply chain constraints.
- Collaborate with Finance and Master Data team to set up and maintain purchasing parameters in SAP to ensure consistent and efficient buying.
- Serve as the point of contact for day-to-day decision-making and escalation/resolution of issues relating to purchase orders for materials.
- Generate & issue purchaser orders as they are consumed to maintain established minimum / maximum inventory levels.
- Ensure compliance to all ElevateBio and Procure to Pay specific policies relevant to the performance of the role, maintain records as specified, and support and participate in internal and external process audits as required.
- Collaborate with the appropriate ElevateBio functional teams to assist in the resolution of issues such as damage claims, rejections, losses, returns, over shipments, cancellations, and discontinuations.
- Participate in the annual review of vendor payment terms, material groups, and vendor activity.
- Analyze spend data to seek potential cost reduction opportunities, item standardizations or supplier consolidations.
- Work with Accounts Payable, Receiving and vendors in the resolution of discrepancies between purchase orders, receipt, and invoice payment.
- Serve as a liaison between ElevateBio and suppliers and build and maintain positive vendor relationships.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in raw material purchasing and buying. Interfacing with outside suppliers and service providers. Experience purchasing for biotechnology, pharmaceutical, medical device companies preferred.
- BA/BS in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Materials Management, Engineering or Sciences field.
- Hands-on team player willing to work in an environment where individual initiative, accountability, and professional maturity are required.
- Strong PC experience, Microsoft Office Suite experience required including Excel; Outlook; PowerPoint.
- Proficient and experienced with ERP systems (SAP Preferred).
- Must display strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Attention to detail required.
- Outstanding organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Possesses a continuous process improvement attitude.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing needs.
Why Join ElevateBio?
ElevateBio is a technology-driven company built to power transformative genetic medicines today and for many decades to come. The Company commercializes its enabling technologies, manufacturing capabilities, and industry-leading expertise through partnerships to accelerate development across a breadth of therapeutic approaches and modalities. The ElevateBio ecosystem combines multiple R&D technology platforms – including Life Edit, a next-generation, full-spectrum gene editing platform; comprehensive cell engineering technologies; and an expanded viral and non-viral therapeutic delivery platform – with BaseCamp®, its end-to-end genetic medicine cGMP manufacturing and process development business, to accelerate the discovery and development of advanced therapeutics.
We aim to be the dominant engine inside the world’s greatest scientific advancements harnessing human cells and genes to alter disease.
To power the creation of life-transforming cell and gene therapies, at a speed the world deserves.
We seek to be the world’s most indispensable cell and gene therapy technology company, redefining how companies operate, how products are created and how disease is treated.
ElevateBio is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. ElevateBio will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.