ElevateBio is a technology-driven cell and gene therapy company, accelerating access to the cutting-edge technologies and expertise to change the future of medicine. Our integrated technologies model offers turnkey scale and biotechnological capabilities to power cell and gene therapy processes, programs, and companies to their full potential.
Reporting to the Head of People and Culture, the Director, Total Rewards will function as a key member of the People and Culture team with responsibility for providing strategy, management, and process improvement of total rewards and compensation. This position will work collaboratively with key stakeholders and leadership in ensuring programs are market competitive, cost effective, and assist in attracting, engaging, and retaining employees. Will be responsible for employee compensation programs including cash and equity-based elements with the ability to design competitive plans and programs. This position will work with leadership to understand business objectives while identifying and implementing the total rewards philosophy that reflects our values and culture and meets the needs of our employees.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
- Work closely with the broader P&C and Leadership teams to develop and implement a strategy that delivers a competitive mix of cash and equity elements of total compensation.
- Works closely with the Head of People and Culture to develop and prepare materials including agenda, analysis, reports, and presentations, for the Compensation Committee.
- Plan administrator for ElevateBio’s equity plan including managing the third-party vendor relationship and all plan communications. Manage the processes and act as the subject matter expert to ensure effective coordination of all activities between payroll, HRIS, accounting, treasury, legal and the vendor for all grant and vesting events.
- Partner with benefit broker to understand market trends and assess, design and refine ElevateBio’s benefits strategy to ensure the company is well positioned competitively to attract and retain talent.
- Work with outside parties, vendors, etc. to negotiate and angle for constant improvements in benefits offerings as we continue to evolve and expand as a company to ensure we are providing top-tier benefits to attract and retain employees.
- Manage annual US Benefits renewal by developing strategy, plan design, costs, coordination of Open Enrolment, communications, and employee education sessions.
- Member of 401(k) committee and primary plan administrator ensuring plan compliance, audits, and non-discrimination testing is performed.
- Partner with consultants and brokers on obtaining market data, ensuring executive alignment, and financial approval to make data driven decisions.
- Review the design of the organization’s equity plan and ensure it is fit for purpose and market competitive.
- Lead the compensation reporting and analysis function to drive quality, data integrity, auditing, and accuracy for compensation programs and decisions.
- Manage mid-year, annual and off-cycle compensation processes (base salary, bonus, equity) and partner with P&C and FP&A on modelling merit/promotion/adjustment pools and bonus accruals.
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree a plus. Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) or Certified Employee Benefit Specialist (CEBS) preferred
- 10+ years’ experience in progressively responsible roles managing Total Rewards and Compensation
- Demonstrated strong communication and influencing skills evidenced through experience partnering with senior level executives across HR, Finance, Legal, and the C-suite to implement new plans and/or changes to existing plans.
- Demonstrated expertise in all facets of Total Rewards, including presenting to Executives and Compensation Committee
- Extensive knowledge of human resource laws, federal, state and local regulations and best practices.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret and communicate date. Advanced Excel skills required.
- Prior experience working in biotechnology and/or pharmaceutical industry is preferred
Why Join ElevateBio?
ElevateBio is accelerating access to the cutting-edge technologies and expertise that will change the future of medicine. Our ecosystem combines multiple R&D technology platforms – including Life Edit, a next-generation, full-spectrum gene-editing platform; a proprietary induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) platform, and an RNA, cell, protein, and vector engineering platform – with BaseCamp®, our end-to-end genetic medicine cGMP manufacturing and process development business, to power the discovery and development of advanced therapeutics.
With these leading-edge platforms and capabilities, we are enabling a broad breadth of biopharmaceutical companies in the development of their novel cell and gene therapies while also building our own innovative pipeline of cellular, genetic, and regenerative medicines. Together, we aim to be the dominant engine inside the world’s greatest scientific advancements harnessing human cells and genes to alter disease.
To power the creation of life-transforming cell and gene therapies, at a speed the world deserves.
We seek to be the world’s most indispensable cell and gene therapy technology company, redefining how companies operate, how products are created and how disease is treated.
ElevateBio is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. ElevateBio will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.